Check out my recipe for the crock pot adaptation of the renowned “Marry Me Chicken“. This dish, celebrated for its rich flavours and heart-warming essence, has charmed many food enthusiasts over the years. With the convenience of the crock pot, you can now achieve those deep flavours with minimal effort, making it perfect for both special occasions and everyday dinners. If you’ve been searching for an easy marry me chicken crock pot recipe that’s both flavourful and fuss-free, this recipe might just become your new favourite.
- Full of Love: Ready in minutes recipe to fall in love!
- Common Ingredients: No special shopping needed.
- Setup and forget: Convenience of cooking in crock pot.
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Discover the Magic of Crock Pot Chicken Delights
With this slow cooker chicken recipe, the magic happens mostly hands-free. Simply toss all the ingredients into your slow cooker, set the timer, and let it work its culinary magic. In just a few hours, you’ll be greeted with a dish that’s bursting with flavour and ready to impress. This marry me chicken crock pot dish, with its sun-dried tomato essence, is a star on its own.
Pairing it with Berrichonne Potatoes takes the meal to a whole new level, offering a French-inspired dish. Imagine herby potatoes, crispy bacon, and caramelized onions, all roasted to perfection in a rich blend of flavourful stock and white wine.
I promise, after one taste of this best crock pot chicken, this lovely recipe will become a regular on your dinner rotation. Dive in and discover the delicious simplicity of this chicken in creamy tomato sauce. Your taste buds—and your loved ones—will be singing your praises!
Why Everyone’s Talking About the “Marry Me Chicken Crock Pot” Recipe?
Ever stumbled upon a slow-cooked chicken delight that makes you go, “Where have you been all my life?” That’s how I felt when I first tried this marry me chicken recipe. Picture this: chicken with a golden, crispy exterior, bathed in a creamy sauce bursting with flavours of parmesan, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and oregano. For those who like a little kick in their chicken with chili flakes, there’s a sprinkle to spice things up.
The secret? Get that chicken nice and crispy in the pan first. It seals in the juices and gives you that irresistible caramelized crunch. Then, let the sauce do its magic in this wine paired chicken recipe. It’s a dance of creamy, nutty, sweet, and spicy flavours that’ll make your taste buds groove.
If you’re anything like me, always on the hunt for the next best chicken dish, this one’s a game-changer. Whether you’re a kitchen pro or just finding your way around the stove, this recipe’s got your back. Give it a whirl, and you might just ditch every other chicken recipe you’ve known!
After diving into the marry me chicken crock pot recipe, wouldn’t you love to explore more slow-cooked delights? Check out this Slow Cooker Recipe Cookbook is packed with personal favourites that promise to elevate every meal. Don’t miss out on these culinary treasures. Secure your copy today!
Recipe for Perfect Marry Me Chicken in Crock Pot :
Slow Cooker Marry Me Chicken
Rate my Recipe 🙂
- 5 Chicken Breasts, skinless - sliced into cutlets (or 10 chicken thighs)
- 1½ cups Chicken Stock - (360ml)
- 1 cup Heavy Cream - (240ml)
- ⅓ cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes - (50g)
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 2 tbsp All Purpose Flour - (Plain flour)
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Chilli Powder - (optional)
- Salt - (to taste)
- ½ cup Fresh Basil - chopped for garnish
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese - grated, for garnish
- 10 Cherry tomatoes - for garnish
- Pasta - to serve
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tomato puree and flour until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Pour the chicken stock, heavy cream, black pepper, oregano, paprika, and chili powder into the slow cooker. Add the tomato-flour paste you prepared earlier. Whisk everything together until well combined.
- Gently stir in the sliced garlic and diced sun-dried tomatoes.
- Place the chicken breast cutlets into the slow cooker, ensuring they are fully submerged in the sauce. Optional: For added flavour, you can sear the chicken in a pan until golden brown before adding it to the slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and set it to High for 2-3 hours or Low for 4-6 hours.
- Once the chicken is cooked through and tender, garnish it with grated Parmesan cheese, freshly chopped basil, and sliced cherry tomatoes. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Plate the chicken over your choice of pasta or boiled potatoes. Pair with a glass of wine and share with someone special!
- Prioritize Quality: Choose high-quality, organic or free-range chicken for the best flavour and texture. Avoid poultry that’s been treated with water or other additives.
- Tomato Substitution: If sun-dried tomatoes aren’t on hand, fresh ripe and sweet tomatoes can be used as a replacement.
- Gluten-Free Adaptation: For those with gluten sensitivities, omit flour and thicken at the end with cornflour.
- Veggie Boost: Enhance the dish with additional vegetables like sliced mushrooms, bell peppers, or zucchini. Just toss them into the slow cooker with the main ingredients.
- Thickening the Sauce: If a denser sauce is desired, whisk together 1 tablespoon of corn-starch with 1 tablespoon of cold water. Introduce this mixture to the slow cooker about 30 minutes before the end of the cooking duration. Be carful when mixing, not to damage the fragile chicken.
FAQ for the Marry Me Chicken Crock Pot Recipe:
- Can I use frozen chicken for the recipe? No, I recommend you to defrost the chicken first before cooking. Cooking chicken directly from its frozen state can lead to uneven cooking, with the exterior becoming overcooked while the interior remains undercooked. Additionally, it can cause the chicken to fall apart or become too dry. Properly thawed chicken ensures even cooking and retains the meat’s tenderness and flavour.
- How should I store and reheat leftovers? Store any leftover “Marry Me Chicken” in an airtight container to maintain its freshness. When you’re ready to enjoy it again, you can reheat it either in the microwave or on the stovetop over low heat. To preserve its texture and flavour, avoid excessive stirring and consider adding a touch of cream during reheating. Properly stored, this dish will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- Can I freeze the leftovers? While you technically can, I wouldn’t advise it. Freezing dishes with creamy sauces can lead to texture changes upon reheating, causing the sauce to separate or become grainy. For the best quality and taste, it’s preferable to consume the dish fresh or refrigerate and consume it within a few days.
- How can I make this recipe lower in fat? For a lighter version, consider replacing the heavy cream with a lower-fat cream.
- What wine goes well with Marry Me Chicken? “Marry Me Chicken” pairs beautifully with red wines such as Merlot and Pinot Noir. If you prefer white wine, Chardonnay is a great choice.
- Marry Me chicken Thighs? Absolutely, chicken thighs are a great choice for the Merry Me recipe! They are known for their tender and flavourful nature, which can really enhance the taste and texture of the dish. When cooked properly, chicken thighs can add a richness and depth of flavour that’s hard to achieve with other cuts.
From the Chef
I hope you enjoy this fantastic recipe for Marry Me Chicken in Crock Pot! Did you tweak it in any way? What accompanied your delicious creamy sauce? I’d love to hear your insights in the comments. Don’t forget to hit the star button! Happy cooking!